The Urban American Kitchen mobile application (“the App”) is owned and operated by Urban American Kitchen. This policy, together with our Mobile Terms and Conditions, explain how we may use the information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy and our Mobile Terms and Conditions carefully; by using the App you confirm to have understood and agreed to them.
Information we collect about you through the App.
We collect information about you when you:
- Register to use the App;
- Attempt to “check-in” to our store;
- Register your card details;
- Upload a profile photo, and
- Use the payments facility in the App to pay for your purchase.
Using your information
Collecting personal information in the App (name, email address, date of birth) helps us to better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
- Improve the functionality and performance of the App;
- Personalize our services to you;
- Tell you about important changes to the App and related services, and
- Manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
Your personal information is safe with us and will never be released to third-party companies for their marketing purposes.
The App captures your geographic location when you attempt to “check-in” to our store. We do this to allow you to pay using the app, and to provide an enhanced visit experience (for example, through digital loyalty cards). We will only capture this information with your consent.
The App also captures basic usage metrics to help us identify any problems and to make improvements in the future. These metrics also help us understand how people use the App and how many people use the different functions within the App.
Information We Capture
The list below summarizes what information the App captures, what we do with it and your choices:
– Geographic location
We provide enhanced shop visit experiences when you choose to “check-in” to our store, and allow you to pay using the App Your geographic location is not associated with any personally identifiable information You may prevent the App from accessing your device’s location services, or turn off the location services of your Mobile Device. Doing so will impact the App and prevent you from enjoying an enhanced shop experience
– Data you share with us (Including information you give us when signing up, and information which is shared automatically such as Device ID, and IP address) We use this data to log you into the App and it helps us understand our customers better and potentially present you with offers and promotions Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over a secure network connection You decide which data you do and do not share with us. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete any data which you give to us.
– Data you share with us if you log on through Facebook (Including your gender, date of birth, profile photo) We use this data to log you into the App, and it helps us understand our customers better and potentially present you with offers and promotions Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over a secure network connection You decide which data you do and do not share with us. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete any data which you give to us.
– Your Card details are not stored on the App and they are only used in accordance with your payment instructions Your card details are stored on secure servers You do not have to use the payments facility within the App to pay for your purchase
– Your profile photo is used in-store to verify your identity Your profile photo is just stored on the App and is not shared. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete your profile photo. However, you must have a profile photo if you wish to use the App to pay for your purchases.
– Your purchase history We use your purchase history to send you personalized offers and analyze which products are most likely to interest you Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over a secure network connection We need to collect your purchase history in order to give you the benefit of personalized offers through the app. We will delete our records of your individual purchase history if you ask us to.
Storing your Information
We will only store your information for as long as we need it to deliver the services available through the App. If you ask us to, or if you delete your account, we will delete the information linked to your account which can identify you personally, including your profile photo and personal details.
Marketing and research
If you agree, we may contact you:
- With offers and information about Urban American Kitchen products or services.
- For customer research, e.g. to help improve our service.
Of course, the choice is entirely yours, but if you say you do not want to receive marketing information from us this will prevent you from receiving great offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop contacting you for marketing and/or research purposes by following the instructions in any such communication or by emailing us at email@example.com
Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside of Urban American Kitchen except where we have your consent; where we are required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to us for which we need to disclose some of your information; or any successors in title to our business.
To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please confirm any details to help us identify and locate your information. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we will amend them.
Changes to our policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of July 2017. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.
If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com.